Sous Chef Full-time Job3 weeks ago Tourism & Hospitaltity Dubai 37 views Reference: 19445
• Manage the full kitchen in the absence of the Sous/Head chef ensuring all set standards and quality procedures are adhered to.
• To supervise the pass and check every dish sent from the kitchen before going to the guest to ensure standards are maintained in the absence of the Head Chef/Chef De Cuisine/Sous Chef.
• Collating ingredient orders per section and managing stock levels. Monitors the recording of food wastage and action/guide section where needed.
• A Jnr Sous chef must be able to motivate and inspire the kitchen team members around them. They must lead by example and in line with the business required standard.
• Manage junior kitchen brigade and delegating tasks accordingly where needed.
• Must have the ability to broaden their knowledge on ingredients and equipment. Show interest and arrange workshops with the support of senior chef. Share new learning’s with junior staff.
• In the absence of the Sous Chef the Jnr Sous chef should ensure all equipment is working to the standard required by the business and if issues are found that they are reported and action by the company maintenance team/company.
• Communicate with Sous Chef / CDC/ or Outlet Manger to ensure pending works are action immediately.
• Checks produce against orders for quantities and ensure that the quality adheres to the standards set by the business.
• Places orders for produce on the ordering system, prints off the LPO and manages the communication for GM approval.
• A Jnr Sous chef will take an active role in demonstrating new recipe ideas and be prepared to present dishes to a brief within business set timelines.
• Monitor cleaning standards and action any areas of concern immediately in the absence of a senior.
• In the absence of the Sous/Head chef ensures all checklists and records are completed having checked the work of all responsible colleagues.
• In the absence of a senior chef ensure the daily kitchen records and labeling standards are being maintained at all times.
• Ensure stock rotation is handled correctly and FIFO is being practiced. Any area found not to be to company standard must be addressed immediately
• Any product returned due to not being the correct standard needs to be re arranged and supplied.
• Any other duties as may reasonable be requested by the management.
• Manage staff training with the sous chef and maintain an active training plan/programme for each team member.
• Conduct and attend menu tastings.