Senior Legal Counsel Full-time Job2 weeks ago Others Abu Dhabi 21 views Reference: 27239
• Contribute to the development of the Department's strategy, as well as annual business plans.
• Contribute to the development of the Department's policies and procedures, in accordance with the overall business objectives of the University, ensuring they promote leading practices and excellence.
• Contribute to the development and management of the Department’s budgets and report on a timely basis to ensure that divergences are addressed promptly.
• Act as the legal advisor to the General Counsel, Faculty, Research Staff and University administrators for the various University Colleges by providing sound, relevant, and up-to-date legal advice on matters relating to the University’s educational and business activities.
• Provide sound, relevant, and up-to-date legal support and advice to the University management on relevant legal issues.
• Ensure compliance with internal controls, statutory regulations, and other formalities.
• Draft, negotiate, and manage national and international agreements across the full spectrum of the University’s activities, including commercial, research, corporate and student activities.
• Prepare appropriate templates for the University’s activities.
• In coordination with relevant University departments, promote the awareness of appropriate policies and procedures to ensure that the University operates within the defined legal governance framework
• Ensure that Khalifa University is in compliance with UAE Law and any other applicable international laws to mitigate any risk of legal action against the University.
• Provide legal opinions on matters raised and prepare memos with opinions in response.
• Provide advice and consultation on the University’s policies and procedures.
• Handle litigation, keeping up with current changes on all relevant areas of laws.
• Maintain and archive a signed copy of all binding and non-binding contracts and agreements (including amendments, addendum).
• Support and manage external counsel of the University as required
• Provide legal opinions on all complaints raised against the University in coordination with the relevant departments.
• Ensure adherence to the University's information security policies and procedures, and report breaches or other security risks accordingly.
• Ensure coordination with other departments to facilitate the accomplishment of tasks and responsibilities, as and when needed.
• Perform any other tasks assigned by Line Manager.