Research Assistant Full-time Job2 weeks ago Others Abu Dhabi 30 views Reference: 27240
Work as part of a large, interdisciplinary research team which is charged with delivering the Abu Dhabi Pregnancy Risk Assessment Monitoring System (AD-PRAMS)
To work in hospitals across the Emirate of Abu Dhabi to interview women with newborn children.
Constantly work to ensure that the project plan (protocol) is adhered to at all times
- · To travel to assigned hospitals around the Emirate of Abu Dhabi to perform interviews with women with newborn children.
- · To carefully follow the interview guidelines and plan
- · To use a handheld device/tablet to collect interview data
- · To follow ethical guidelines associated with the project
- · To be empathetic and kind to interviewees
- · To be familiar with, and follow, the plan (protocol) for data collection in the project
- · To keep careful records of interviews performed and any discrepancies
- · Reports and takes direction from Academic and Research leadership
- · Effective verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills in working with various stakeholders, physicians, and the public or private entities
- Ensures adherence to the University's information security policies and procedures, and reports breaches or other security risks accordingly.
- Ensures coordination with other departments to facilitate the accomplishment of tasks and responsibilities, as and when needed.
- Performs any other tasks assigned by the Study Leadership (CoPIs) and the line managers.
- Supports periodic meetings with subordinates to ensure that priorities are clear and workflow is running smoothly
Desired Skills and Experience
· Female applicants only (data will be collected from pregnant women after delivery)
· Bachelors Degree in any subject
· Language competency in English and (Gulf) Arabic
· High degree of empathy and emotional intelligence
· Attention to detail
· Sensitivity towards potentially challenging emotional situations
· Masters degree (or above) in social science/public health/epidemiology/medical science
· Strong familiarity with working with digital devices (e.g. tablets)
Experience in interviewing for surveys
· Experience with interviewing women
· Experience with interviews covering sensitive areas