Maintenance Engineer Full-time Job3 weeks ago Engineering Ras Al Khaimah City 218 views Reference: 19650
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
You are friendly, helpful and love project work that makes use of skills and talents. You enjoy using your skills to help your team and it just so happens you’ll be doing just that in an award-winning hotel.
Engineering keeps the Heartbeat of our Hotel going! The Maintenance Engineer is skilled in maintenance repair, adjustments, and fabrication/installation work to heating, cooling, ventilation, energy management systems and related equipment. Maintains a safe, clean, well-maintained boiler room, machine rooms, air handling units, building equipment and chilled and condenser water plant systems. Provides general maintenance services across the hotel in all areas. Performs general facilities-related duties and supplements and assists other maintenance staff as needed. Performs work in accordance with hotel standards and procedures. Communicates work-order and project status to relevant hotel staff and exemplifies excellent customer service.
• Installs, repairs, and verifies proper operation of building systems and equipment.
• Wears and/or uses appropriate safety equipment.
• Uses computers to enter and access job related information.
• Performs related job duties as may be assigned.
• Respond to customer inquiries in a timely and professional manner.
• Safely operates the facility in accordance with all applicable government and regulatory requirements.
• Any other tasks that may be assigned
Physical aspects of the position include but are not limited to the following:
Constant standing and walking throughout the shift
Constant bending, kneeling, pushing, pulling
Occasional lifting and carrying up to 50 lbs
Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
YOUR EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS INCLUDE:
• City of Chicago Stationary Engineers License Required
• Trade coursework completion and/or certification in the following core competencies – HVAC, basic electrical, plumbing, piping and fluid-handling systems, refrigeration, building automation systems
• Completion of job-related training program preferred
• Completion of job-related associate’s degree preferred
• Ability to work rotating shifts as needed (morning, afternoon, mid-shift, overnight)
• Ability to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel
• Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
• Ability to anticipate and focus attention on guest needs, being professional, welcoming and remaining calm and courteous at all times
• Detailed oriented and able to handle multiple tasks
• Highly responsible & reliable
• Ability to work cohesively with fellow colleagues as part of a team with minimum supervision
• Warm, friendly and helpful
What’s in it for you:
Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
Learning programs through our Academies
Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21