CORE Lab Specialist Full-time Job2 weeks ago Others Abu Dhabi 24 views Reference: 27244
Key Roles & Responsibilities
· Drive practices and metrics, which ensure that the laboratories operate in compliance with all aspects of Khalifa University Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) policies.
· Coordinate operational policies and procedures; Work with research staff on issues which impact laboratory services.
· Coordinate and supervise the performance of routine and specialized technical procedures in assigned laboratories.
· Assist with laboratory goals and operational procedures for quality, efficiency and waste reduction.
· Ensure lab equipment is operational to the maximum extent possible and improve operations through efficient use of existing equipment.
· Monitors functionality of new equipment to ensure compliance.
· Improves lab operations through efficient use of existing equipment.
· Coordinate the installation of new equipment and maintaining the inventory of all lab equipment.
· Assist in the determination of fiscal requirements and in the preparation of budgetary recommendations, including recommending capital equipment expenditures, ensure appropriate resource levels, and comply with organizational expenditure requirements.
· Supervise and manage the inventory of commonly used lab supplies, maintenance parts and any other items related to research lab operations.
· Evaluates technical requirements based on bids received from potential vendors for purchase of lab equipment.
· Ensure information on lab website is kept up to date including all training schedules, equipment schedules and equipment descriptions.
· Guide the faculty and researchers on the purchase of consumables and accessories for equipment.
· Contribute to the continued innovation and development of the research program.
· Maintain liaison with investigators, research personnel and staff to solve specific operating problems and improve technical activities