CL Manager Veterinarian Full-time Job2 weeks ago Others Abu Dhabi 65 views Reference: 27256
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Contribute to the development of the Research Laboratories strategy, as well as annual business plans.
- Contribute to the development of the Research Laboratories policies and procedures, in line with the overall business objectives of the University, ensuring they promote leading practices and excellence.
- Contribute to the development and management of the Research Laboratories budgets and reports on a timely basis to ensure that divergences are addressed promptly.
- Presents all new research requests to the Research Office
- Leads the Animal Care and Ethics Committee.
- Effectively leads, develops, motivates, and controls the performance of the ARF team.
- Advises on strategic decisions.
- Provides guidance on clinical cases and for experimental procedures, such as anesthesia, analgesia, euthanasia, surgical technique, recognition and reduction of pain, suffering, distress and lasting harm.
- Supports research relevant to the mission of the university and departments.
- Liaises with Facility Manager for day-to-day and proposed research activities approval.
- Participates in the conduct of scientific programs relevant to the mission of the research facility.
- Ensures availability of state-of-the-art biosecurity and health monitoring programs.
- Supports education, training, and competency of staff
- Maintains and develops relevant expertise with the species used by the research facility.
- Represents the research facility internationally and actively participates in its outstanding reputation.
- Applies latest advances and recommended practice in husbandry and care to the benefits of the research facility
- Liaises with the relevant university departments to facilitate optimal use of the building, software, and equipment, and their acquisition.
- Supervises imports/exports of animals, drugs and other requested material.
- Ensures that the research facility complies with regulations and quality requirements necessary to both National and International standards.
- Organizes the Animal Care and Ethics Committee and other bodies necessary to research acknowledgement.
- Must be capable of solving complex clinical problems in a rational and organized fashion.
- Must have demonstrable knowledge and understanding of international regulations and quality requirements relevant to the Animal Research unit.
- Must have a full understanding of health and safety requirements in relation to animal care and use, as per Animals (Scientific Procedures) Act 1986 (ASPA).
- Must have evidence of and commitment to Continuous Professional Development.
- Must have good communication skills, both oral and written, with the ability to relay straight forward and complex information to a broad range of stakeholders.
- Must have good interpersonal skills enabling the post holder to influence and deliver at all levels.
- Must have strong planning skills, the ability to prioritize in the face of competing demands, proven success in delivering work personally (and through others) to tight deadlines.
- Must have strong decision-making skills with the ability to use initiative and improvise in a changing environment.
- May take part in the training of technicians and personal license holders relating to animal welfare and health.
- May be involved in training in the conduct of minor procedures, surgical methods, anesthetic regimens, peri-operative care and assessment of competence.
- Must hold a personal license.
- Ensure adherence to the University's information security policies and procedures, and report breaches or other security risks accordingly.
- Ensure coordination with other departments to facilitate the accomplishment of tasks and responsibilities, as and when needed.
- Perform any other tasks assigned by Line Manager.
- Provide coaching, guidance and mentoring as required to enhance the internal capabilities of the team and ensure the achievement of established objectives and plans.
- Recommend appropriate training courses as per the pre-determined training needs, evaluate their effectiveness, and monitor their results.
- Carry out performance appraisals for subordinates according to planned schedules and recommend necessary actions as per the applied practices.
- Conduct periodic meetings with subordinates to ensure that priorities are clear and workflow is running smoothly.